Several communites are still hurting and asking for help. To make sure all areas get help, we will post messages we receive here.
If you're looking for a community to help, this is the place to find those who may have been overlooked by relief efforts. To get a message to us, email email@example.com or visit our Facebook page or call 205-583-4321.
Thank you for your efforts. Here are the latest messages:
- We are at the G.G Hardin Center in Brookwood, we are still accepting donations.. We are in need of tarps, batteries, flashlights..etc.. We were also trying to find a distribution center for samantha. We had got word that they need all types of supplies but we have no information.. Please anybody let us know, I was told by my husband's friend that Smithfield Estates right out side of Pratt City they need help really bad. No one is getting them supplies fast enough.
- There are families in the Mtn Woods Lake community of Hayden in Blount County who lost homes. Help is needed here!
- I was told by my husband's friend that Smithfield Estates right out side of Pratt City they need help really bad. No one is getting them supplies fast enough.
- My Aunt went to Mcdonald's chapel and said they need help over there very badly
- The Fultondale Fie Dept. was destroyed but still running and taking donations.
- Fultondale First Baptist Church on MainStreet is taking donations.
- We are in need of a walker in brookwood. We have a 4 year old girl here that has Cerebral Palsy and that is the only way she can walk. Please let me know if you can help! 205 657-7649
- Hello! I am an employee at The Ramada, in Tuscaloosa, Al!! We are accepting donations that are being distributed directly to victims of the recent tornado! We are working as a team to get the word out! any & everything is being accepted! Please if you have anything you can part with bring it to us! we will take care of the rest! Special thanks to Five Points Baptist Church!
- From Fultondale: We need clothes and shoes we need some foods we are at my Moms but have nothing to Help her with here, In Pinson she is not able financially to help us for long.
- There are a lot of displaced families in the sipsey area of walker county.
Help is needed here as well
- The communities of Webster's Chapel, Williams and Roy Webb still need volunteers and help. These communities are just north of Jacksonville, AL and were devastated by the same tornado that ravaged Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. They are in need of bathing supplies such as towels, wash cloths, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc. They also need large plastic totes with lids to put their belongings into to transport. Please go to Williams First Baptist Church or Webster's Chapel Fire Department to drop off donations or volunteer. If anyone has trailers or large equipment that can be used to move debris, that would be helpful as well.
- The city of Kimberly is now taking donations for the tornado victims relief effort at the community center every day from 9am to 9pm. Items needed most are bottled water, caned and nonperishable food items, diapers, personal care items. Any and all donations are appreciated and will be taken to the hard hit areas.
- st peters rd in north ttown needs help bad!!!! just had a lady come to holt high from there that says noone has made it to them to help!!
- Volunteers needed to help sort through rubble on Sewill Road in Brookwood!! Its in the area of Lock 17 and Hannah Road. There will be dumpsters brought out.. we just need some helping hands!
- Shoal Creek Valley in St. Clair County, Alabama is in desperate need of styrofoam coolers and rock salt!
- Big lots in pelham is taking donation on 31. We will outside until 5 today
- Help for victims in Webster's Chapel/Williams/Roy Webb communities in Calhoun County. First Baptist Church of Williams is collecting and distributing items to those in need. Visit their website at http://fbcwilliams.org/ for a list of current needs.
- OHATCHEE HAS NO VOLUNTEERS AT THIS TIME. THEY HAVE 2 SCHOOL BUSES TO TAKE TO U TO WHERE U ARE NEEDED. MANPOWER IS NEEDED DESPERATELY, ALSO STORAGE TOTES, AND TARPS.
- Does anyone know where you can buy gas in Crane Hill, need gas for generators
- Have 30 ft Camper for sale in Blount County that someone could live in. Wish I could give to someone but I am an unemployed, full time, Wallace State Community College, single-parent of an 8 year old. Have been trying to sell to provide for her needs! Call 205-639-3892 if interested. Not trying to profit off of other peoples hardship...just letting people know that I have this available! God Bless all who are out there doing all they can to help!!!
- I heard people have been calling in wanting to know how to help. Cordova, AL and Sipsey, AL have been wiped out. Feeding volunteers has been a challenge. We need food help. Please call Kim @ 251.269.1021
- Kelsie Tate Photography is looking to offer help to the storm victims! Interested in setting up free sessions with victims who lost family photos, senior portraits, baby pictures, etc. If you or someone you know can benefit from her services, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers are taking donations at Vincent High School in Shelby Co right now for Shoal Creek Recovery!! Please bring batteries, gas cans, candles, water, diapers, wipes, formula, can food.....anything you can spare!!! Thank you!
- Distribution sites in Jefferson Co. for storm victims: Hueytown HS football parking lot, Fultondale parking lot across from Ashley Furniture and in Forestdale in the old shopping center near the courthouse. Drive up and they will give you an MRE kit, case of water and a tarp if you need it
- There is a mobile shower unit at Evergreen Baptist Church in Vance, Alabama. If you know of anyone that still does not have power please let them know a hot shower is waiting for them there. Thanks Birmingham Baptist Association for your help!!!
- ***Childersburg, AL Drop Sites*** This is coordinated through Grace Baptist Church Childersburg. Drop locations are (in addition to Grace, 1299 15th Ave. S.W.) are Childersburg Recreation Center(300 1st Street S.E., Hours are M-F 8am-8pm Sat 10-4) and the Childersburg Library(124 9th Ave. S.W., Hours are M-F 9am-6pm Sat 8-1). Items being accepted are Bottled Water, Baby Wipes, Garbage Bags, Paper Towels, Canned Goods, Toothbrushes/Toothpaste, Soap etc. We will send by the truckload. Msg me if you need additional information.
- Life Church of Cullman and Convoy of Hope will be distributing essential supplies and food at Walgreens on 31 (2nd ave) in Cullman from 9am-til we are done. First come, first serve, and everyone is welcome. Please spread the word!
- If you would like to help us distribute, meet at Walgreens at 8:30am. You can also bring clothes and other items you would like to donate with you. It's going to be both fun & LIFE CHANGING. Share this on your page to help spread the word!
- All this week 1st United Methodist Church - Old Cloveradale, Montgomery is collecting donations for babies who were in the path of the tornados
- Drop off and pick up location: One Accord Christian Ministry at 808 28th Ave Tuscaloosa al 35401.. We are collecting water, can goods, clothes, housing goods, cleaning supplies, and tarps... Please families in needs come and get whatever you may need! For more info email me at bminor08@gmail.
- Any church or organization need a piano? Call 256-393-2463 or email email@example.com
- Asking for help in the Cahaba Heights area, my mother lives on Autumn Lane and is in need to get ready for rain today. Financial difficulties making it hard to repair until insurance company can reimburse her. In need of food, ice, water any little thing can help. Bless you. --Sherie Lightsey posted on our Facebook page
- Home Instead is taking senior specific donations for tornado victims http://homeinsteadbirmingham.blogspot.com
- North Highlands Baptist Church, 4851 15th Street Rd, Hueytown, 491-7921, has PLENTY of clothes, shoes, baby items, toys, etc. for all genders and ages. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING AT ALL, PLEASE COME BY! If you can't come by, call Gina & let her know what you need and we can deliver it to people in the Concord/Pleasant Grove area.
- If anyone would like to donate items in the concord area come to sam's hot dog's on the corner of warrior rd and rock creek road. We need gatorade,styrofoam coolers,diapers all sizes,socks for everyone,mens underwear,womans panties,baby clothes,hygiene stuff of all types..It would be greatly appreciated. This is a drop off point before being delivered..Thank you for your help..
- I just spoke to a lady who lost both of her parents. They need help in Boley Springs outside Berry in FAYETTE County. According to her there has been no one out to help this small community who lost 4 lives during the Tornado. The town is outside of Berry. Can you get the word out? It's just community helping and FEMA has not even been out.
- The city of Kimberly is now taking donations for the tornado victims relief effort at the community center 9256 Stouts Road in Kimberly every day from 9am to 9pm. Items needed most are bottled water, caned and nonperishable food items, diapers, personal care items. Any and all donations are appreciated and will be taken to the hard hit areas.
- Mcdonald Chapel needs lots of help. Medical supplies for the elderly. My wife and I have been in Concord the last 4 days to help there. I know ICE is a big thing in concord as well as coolers, Diabetic food and supplies. If you bring donations bring them to Sam's Hot Dog's on Warrior Road and Rock Creek Road we will get them delivered and handed out.
WEB EXTRA: Our missing persons page | Our donations page